Sunday, February 28, 2010

fancy goblets

Not too much new has happened but its been awhile so I thought I would post a few things.  Lately we've just been busy busy with school and work.  It seems like our stressful weeks have a way of alternating so that either Joe is stressed and taking lots of tests or I am stressed and taking lots of tests but we are never stressed at the same time.  Which works out quite nicely because it leaves one of us to take care of all the little things that need to be done (like dinner and grocery shopping and laundry and, and, and....) while the other is worried about school.  Of course usually I'm the stressed one since I'm taking more credits than Joe so really the bottom line here is that he has been really sweet about letting me study while he makes dinner and takes care of things around the house.  I've decided being married is the best because I've never had a roommate make the bed or put dinner in the oven or do the laundry for me when I had a lot on my mind quite to the extent that Joe does.  He's always finding a way to serve me, which just makes me want to return the favor.  It really is the best. 

Other than that we have loved having the Olympics to distract us from homework and everything else we should be doing for the last two weeks.  Joe's sister ended up giving us a TV just a few days before the Olympics and after solving a few glitches in setting it up, we now are the proud owners of a TV!  Its pretty exciting, but we try not to use it too much.  Just the Olympics (which are now over), LOST, and the occasional weather report.  At least that's the goal.

I know a few people were asking to see pictures of our apartment fully decorated and the amazing canvas masterpieces we made, so here ya go!





Our living room...
notice the canvas
creations








Bookcases...



Here's our little kitchen... and Joe cooking some delicious chicken!



So there ya go.  The Hill House Tour.  Not too much to it but its cozy and all we need for just the two of us.

Valentines day was fun.  Joe surprised me a few days before Valentines by leaving roses for me at work and chocolates on my bedside for when I got home.  Then on Sunday we taught a romantic lesson together in Sunday School on the Abrahamic Covenant... then came home and did one of our favorite things:  cook dinner together!  I found a recipe for chicken cordon bleu wrapped in bacon, and decided that sounded fancy enough.  I had never made it before but it was actually pretty easy and turned out AMAZING.  We also used some fancy candlesticks that we got for our wedding and drank Martinellis out of fancy goblets.  All in all it was a pretty great day.  Definitely much better when you have someone to share it with.

Well that's all folks.  We're still waiting on wedding pictures but I will try to post a few of those when we get them back in a few weeks here.

ttfn!
darci

6 comments:

  1. It looks GREAT! You are amazing...both of you! I'm so glad you are so happy and put together! You are blessed to have each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated our family post with some of our Hawaii pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that half of the stuff in your house is from your wedding. Mine is like that too. I'm glad you're still enjoying being married, I agree, Valentine's Day is way more exciting when you have someone you love to share it with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also Joe's companion for many months and I will tell you Joe is one in a million. You won't find anyone easier to live with than Joe. (shhh...don't tell my wife)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darci! Your apartment is so cute! I can't believe you painted those! They look so professional! So cute! (Wow, that's a lot of exclamation points) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apartment is so cute! ( I especially love the canvas paintings! - I will have to learn your trick to making them turn out so well!)

    ReplyDelete

Background