Sunday, March 14, 2010

se habla espanol?

Its been a crazy couple of weeks.... and we have some exciting things and some not so exciting things to blog about.  First of all, Joe and I have been sick sick sick for a good two weeks now.  Joe came down with a sinus cold a few weeks ago, and since he's so good about sharing with me, I got it too.  Then one morning Joe woke up with throbbing ears.  Throbbing ears are never a good thing.  He went in to the doctor right away and it turns out that he had a double ear infection.  Of course when I heard this I wanted to hear all about it and what the doctor had to say about it.  Being in a hearing science class has made me almost creepily curious about eardrums and ear infections and all related things.  But I didn't have to wait long before I got to learn first hand about ear infections... because Joe shared that with me too.  We're both feeling a little better but still fighting.  We think there should be a quota number of weeks that you can be sick in one year... because I'm sure we've already filled it.

And now on to better news... my little brother Braden turned in his mission papers a few weeks ago and finally got the long-awaited call this last week.  My parents drove down from Washington to surprise him and to be here when he opened it, and it was really fun to see them for just a few days.  But when it didn't come on Wednesday like we were all anticipating, my parents ended up spending the next day marveling at the number of cell phones in the Wilkinson student center while we were all in class and at work.  Luckily the call came Thursday... (and I say luckily not because I don't think Braden could have waited another day, but because I'm pretty much positive my mom couldn't wait another day...) and Braden opened it that night at his dorm with all of his friends gathered around.  Now that I have built the anticipation.... Braden's going to the Mexico Mexico City East mission, reporting to the MTC in Provo on July 21st.  He's super excited about it as are we.  Joe and I are excited to keep up our spanish writing to him for the next 2 years.  He'll make an amazing missionary.

Also, Joe ordered his graduation cap and gown!  That's right... no turning back now.  So long as he doesn't drop out in the next 6 weeks, he's going to be a college graduate!  We're all rooting for him to make it.  106 weeks down, 6 to go.  And then the count starts over again when he starts grad school ( :

Last week we finally got our professional wedding pictures back!  We were so so happy with our photographer and how well they turned out.  Here's a sampling of our favorites:


There's just a few.  Maybe I'll post more in another blog.  Nothing else too new to report.  We're trying to keep up on school and can't wait for summer to come so we can go on some picnics and hikes and other fun summer activities.  AND so it will quit snowing.  It should not snow in March.  

Hope you are all doing well and loving life as much as we are!

Darci

1 comment:

  1. Darci,
    I'm pretty sure Talon and I went through the whole miserable sick period too except not, because Talon never actually gets sick. I just get sick enough for the two of us.

    ReplyDelete

Background