Saturday, March 12, 2011

from BLUE to RED...

Well, it's officially official.  Joe and I are going to have to start being okay with wearing RED.  Personally I always thought blue was the classier color anyway and with my red(ish) hair and all I never thought it was a color I could pull off.  But times are a-changin.  And come September we will be wearing red, hair-clashing or not. 

Because... we're moving to Washington to go to Eastern Washington University Riverpoint Campus in downtown Spokane!!!

So now its brag about your husband time.  Joe applied to Physical Therapy programs at 4 schools:  University of Washington, University of Utah, Eastern Washington University, and Northern Arizona University.  He was accepted without even an interview to UW and EWU, interviewed and was accepted to U of U, and was offered an interview at NAU but turned it down.  Not a single rejection!!!  He's so smart and will make an excellent doctorate student ( :

The Health Sciences Building on the Riverpoint Campus in Spokane.  AKA... Joe's new second home ( :

 The final choice came between the U of U and Eastern... which would have required wearing red either way.  But yes, Eastern is definitely ALL about the red.  As evidenced by their brand new, hideous football field which I'm sure if you ask us in a few years we will have come to love and defend.  But for right now we still think its a bit hideous.  And hurts the eyes. 

Anyway, we're excited!  We plan to move in July or August.  As for now, we're soaking up every last bit of Provo (aka Jimmertown) that we can before we enter the next phase of our lives!

3 comments:

  1. Darci! This is so awesome :) I'm slightly jealous you get to be so close to our families. Congratulations!!

    Also, I like how we blog stalk each other now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure your mom is loving the fact that you'll be so much closer to her. Spokane will be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, that sure sounds like a fun change, but when is the change going to include an extra body?

    ReplyDelete

Background