Sunday, November 11, 2012

clearly we love food...

...because that's what's on my camera roll right now.  Or maybe just every significant event in the recent past has revolved around food?  What can I say, we love to eat!  Joe and I really enjoy cooking together.  It seems like we try out a new recipe every other week at least, and I love it.  So here's one or two of our recent kitchen creations:

Dark Chocolate Cookie Dough Truffles.  Wow.  These babies were amazing.  Good thing I cut the recipe in half though... having 100+ truffles at your house is never a good thing for your waistline.  We made them to auction off at a fundraiser for Joe's class, and they were a hit!  

Coconut Curry Shrimp with Naan.  We made this for dinner tonight and my belly is still yelling at me for eating too much.  I just... couldn't... stop.  Joe said he thought it was the best thing we've made in a long time, and that's saying something with how many recipes we try ( :
 
 Caramel apples!  We had our friends the Jacksons over and dipped apple slices in all kinds of amazing topping combinations.  A few of us (ahem, boys) went a bit overboard with the toppings.  They turned out great though and it was a fun date night.

And of course, spending so much time in the kitchen lately, we had a minor emergency.  Joe dropped his wedding ring and it rolled pretty far under our oven.  Luckily nothing that a little wire hanger and some fishing wouldn't fix.

Anyone else have a fantastic recipe they've tried recently?  We're always on the look-out for our next kitchen creation ( :

love, the hills

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background