Thursday, November 22, 2012

what makes me happy

Today is Thanksgiving.  A day to celebrate all the good and beautiful and wonderful things in life.  A day to verbalize the gratitude that we should always feel toward our Heavenly Father for all that we are, all that we have, and all that is in store for us.  I have loved watching the Thanksgiving status updates on facebook.  It is such a breath of fresh air from the typical pessimistic, self-serving comments facebook tends to harbor.  And although I didn't post any, I have about a million things that make me truly happy, that I'm oh so grateful for.  But to save you from total boredom, I won't post a million things.  Here are just a few of those happy things...

- hot chocolate to warm my hands and belly on my way to work these cold winter mornings
- fabulous co-workers I can call my friends
- hobby lobby and michaels right next door to each other... and 40% off coupons for both
- a heated blanket and a hot pad
-a working gas station at a run-down bar in melrose, montana (otherwise we would have been begging passers-by for gas... cut it a bit too close yesterday!)
- my amazing family, whom I also call my best friends
- the bulk section at WinCo- an incredible assortment of trail mix, chocolate melties, and other tasty baggable items we frequent often.
- my sweet husband, forcing me out of the kitchen so he can do the dishes he knows I hate
- throwing our laundry in the wash and letting it sit for days by accident because we have a washer-dryer in our apartment and we can do that (gone are the days of walking up three flights of stairs with an armful of clothes!)
- flu shots and other wonders of modern medicine
- sewing, crafting, baking, and creating in all its forms
- the most wonderful in-laws, who have taught me so much by their example
- diffusers... more on this wonderful invention I re-discovered on a later post
- sharing in a child's success with their parents
- slowly but surely making friends in spokane
- sharing all the details of my life with my mom, who always knows just what to say
- a warm spell that pushed temperatures into the 50s and delayed winter just a bit longer
- and of course, my loving, self-less, devoted, hard-working, fun, good-lookin best friend makes me happy every day that I married him.

what makes you happy?

love, the hills

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background