Monday, January 21, 2013

fun facts about joe and darci

Joe left this morning for a week-long Physical Therapy conference in San Diego, CA... and because I'm missing him right about now I thought I would write a few things about him.  Since getting married (THREE years ago now!) I have noticed quite a few little things about Joe and about myself.  We are very similar in many ways... but we're also different too.  So here ya go.

Joe:  eats all parts of his dinner simultaneously (alternating bites of salad, potatoes, chicken, etc.)
Darci:  eats each part one at a time

Joe: spends any extra money on food, going out to eat, etc.  requires very little convincing to go out to eat.
Darci: spends any extra money on clothes (they last a little longer than a hamburger, right?)

Joe: always, always, always has a song playing in his head.  quite the human radio.  often shares this song with me.
Darci:  requires dead silence to concentrate.  may have been known to take batteries out of clocks because the ticking was too loud. 

Joe: loves dill pickles, peppers, onions, mustard, and brownies, but NOT brownie batter.
Darci: does NOT like dill pickles, onions, or mustard.  insists on cutting the amount of onion in recipes by half or more.  also loves brownie batter, which is quite convenient.

Joe: sometimes makes a whistle sound with his nose upon inhaling.  this earned him the nickname "whistle nose" by his mission president.
Darci:  sometimes makes a sound that got named the dinosaur by her roomates in college.  there's basically no way to explain or make that sound less ridiculous so I won't try.

Of course there are so many other fun facts I've learned, but that's all I've got for now. 

Man do I love that boy.  Every little detail.   

love, the hills

3 comments:

  1. I love this. I insist on taking onions out of recipes completely. Bleh. I use onion powder instead. Next time I see you I expect to hear this dinosaur noise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't make it on demand... so I guess you will just have to spend more time with me in hopes of hearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I may steal this idea in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Background