Many of you probably think we've dropped off the face of the earth. But we haven't. We just moved and things have been a little crazy. Here's a quicky update, then I'll fill the rest in with pictures.
After leaving Spokane, we spent a week in the Tri-Cities, resting and gearing up for part two of our move. We moved the majority of our stuff to my parents' house to store while we are in Bellevue for the 10 weeks. Then just a day or two before Joe's internship began, we moved in to a basement apartment in South Bellevue.
Since we're only here for 10 weeks, I'm not working. I thought the transition from working full time plus a demanding calling to stay at home wife would be difficult. And it has had its days, but overall it has been a much easier transition than I thought. I cook and clean and shop and read and go to the gym (loving getting back into swimming again!), and I have a long list of various projects that I've been wanting to do forever. It's been a very much needed break.
Joe is enjoying his internship. He works in the Seattle Children's Hospital sports rehabilitation clinic in downtown Bellevue. He sees a lot of high school atheletes...pitchers, wrestlers, dancers, you name it. Its challenging but he likes it and the jury is still out on whether he'd like to pursue sports pediatrics or a more traditional pediatric setting. And... he turns a big 28 TODAY! We celebrated this weekend with a free burger at Red Robin on the pier and we'll have homemade ice cream and brownies tonight. Happy birthday honey!
Mostly, right now we're trying to figure out where we'll be going next! We're right in the midst of cover letters, resumes, interviews, and job fairs. Wish us luck...I think we'll need it (:
Meanwhile, here's what we've been up to the past few weekends!
 |
| A fun little hike near our house. |
 |
| I LOVE all that gorgeous moss! |
 |
| I think this bridge speaks for itself. |
 |
| We went to the top of the Space Needle! Ashamed to say I had never done that, even after living in Washington for 20ish years. |
 |
| Found a beautiful park with a view of the Seattle skyline. |
 |
| We went to a phenomenal museum/garden called Chihuly Garden and Glass...by the same artist/glassblower who did the glasswork in the Belagio in Las Vegas. This was a ceiling full of illuminated glass. |
 |
| Gigantic hanging flowers. |
 |
| Right under the space needle. |
 |
| Chihuly is famous for his intricate/unique chandeliers. Each one of those is an individually blown piece of glass. |
 |
| Just amazing. |
 |
The glass pieces were planted in and amongst the garden.

Then we went to the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival. Seriously acres upon acres upon acres of brightly colored tulips! |
 |
| Love those. And this boy. Did I mention it was 70 degrees with not a cloud in the sky? |
 |
| And daffodils too! |
Stay tuned for our next adventure!
love, the hills
beautiful pics! love you guys. I would like to vote for neuro peds... at some private little clinic in Provo, treating the most awesome kids... maybe a charity? I don't know if you could find anything like that, but I'm sure Joe would be the perfect fit. =)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you got to see some really neat things! Good luck on your new adventure!!
ReplyDelete