Okay, okay. So its not quite like that. But this is an actual picture of just one set of stairs, and I think it comes close to what that illustrator was trying to show.
But not only is BYU on a hill and therefore any angle you come at it you have to climb stairs, every building on campus also has at least 2 if not 12 stories (that was not a joke by the way... the SWKT has 12 floors).
So, you ask, what exactly are you trying to say? Well, just because I have not been painstakingly diligent in exercising, or even sorta consistent at it for that matter--I'm forced to sweat pretty hard every day just to get to class. That must count for something, right? This is what I realized the other day while feeling rather low about my recent running habits. Thats right, it took me a good three years at BYU to realize how many stairs I climb. And then I got curious about it. So I counted. On an average Tuesday, only taking into account my regular routine and no extra errands at work or trips to the library- I climb approximately 700 stairs.
No, that wasn't a typo. 700 stairs. Ridiculous.
BUT, as ridiculous as it seems when I'm late and attempting to sprint up the 150 stairs to campus (not a good idea by the way... kinda negates the whole taking a shower thing), it means I can come home and not feel guilty at all about my favorite stress-relieving activity: cooking!
Like these chocolate chip oatmeal cookies I made...with plenty of dough left over to stick in the freezer for days when I come home huffing and puffing and needing energy ( :So maybe the stairs aren't such a horrible thing after all.


I know what you feel like. I have a 7:45 class on the third floor (I know, only the third fllor), but I still always take the elevator. It sure is a lot harder when you have 30+ pounds you're hauling around that you're not used to carrying.
ReplyDeleteDarci you ARE the Stairmaster!
ReplyDeletehaha amber you are COMPLETELY allowed to take the elevator.
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome post and explains my life so well. :)
ReplyDelete