Friday, November 19, 2010

Waiting

Well life is just wonderful for us.  We are on the brink of so many exciting changes... but for now we're learning a little lesson on patience.  Here are just a couple updates:

1.  Joe's PT school applications are IN!!!  He received word just a few days ago that the five schools he sent them to received them.  So now... we wait.  And wait.  And wait.  In a couple months we should be hearing about interviews.  But a couple months just seems so long.


2.  I officially have 10 more days of school left!  Then its 4 finals, and I'll be a college graduate.  This semester has been one of the easiest semesters by far of my college career.  Which is good, because I've got senioritis BAD.  For some reason 10 days seems like a long time too.


3.  Because of some changes with our insurance, Joe's job at the Physical Therapy clinic offered him a full-time position (right now he's just working 30 hours a week there, and 20 more at another job).  He's stoked to have a regular 8-5 schedule and NOT work evenings or Saturdays anymore.  And I'm stoked to spend more time with him!  But the changes won't take place until January.  And every night he comes home exhausted, January just seems further away.

4.  Since I'm graduating, I've applied to several places to work full time in Provo until we move off to PT school.  I'm excited about some of the prospects, but nervous at the same time.  I've had 2 interviews already, but I'm still looking into a few more places.  Hopefully something will come through for us... but until then I get to wait to hear back from potential employers.


But despite all the waiting and anticipation, we're still having fun and loving every minute.  Here are a few pictures of what we've been up to lately...
 
For Halloween we dressed up as Woody and Jesse from Toy Story.  We LOVED Toy Story 3 and couldn't help but notice how similar we already look to the characters anyway...
Since we don't have any cute kiddos to dress up and take trick-or-treating, we decided to have some friends over and make homemade witch's brew (ehem, root beer...) instead.  It was so fun and so yummy! 
Here's me getting mummified by our friend Josh... let me tell you, not an easy outfit to walk in ( :
This is Joe inhaling Oreos... haha.  We entered the couple pie-eating contest at our ward party and Joe's nose got the worst of it.  He blames the loss on not being able to breathe properly.
That's about it for us.  Have a happy thanksgiving everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute Post! I hope all goes well waiting...and waiting. I have senioritus too..im not even as close as you..i have another semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darci, this post is great! Glad to see you documented the fun evening. We'll be thinking about you both as you wait to hear back from PT schools. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D.P. I seriously can't handle it either....10 freaking days left, yahoo!! Good luck passing your classes, I'm sure you don't need it like I do, you probably have it in the bag, easy. Oh and I haven't seen you in forever and forget what you even look like so lets hang out.

    Loves
    Your wonderful ex-roomie

    ReplyDelete

Background