This past month has been a very exciting, stressful, scary, and happy one. So much has happened that I'll just fill you in on the highlights. After a crazy week of finals, I "graduated" from BYU. The air quotes are because there was no blue gown, flat cardboard cap, or walking perilously across a stage in high heels involved. Really it just consisted of a squeal of delight as I walked out of my last final. Since BYU doesn't hold a graduation in December, I will have to wait until April to do the ceremonial part of graduation. For this reason, I'm still trying to convince myself that I won't be going back up the arduous steps to campus next week. I'm not sure when it will hit me... but until then I'm LOVING that homework, papers, and tests are no longer invading every spare moment of my life. Its wonderful. I highly recommend it. I actually read a book for fun last week... crazy I know. The second piece of good news is that not only have I graduated, but I also got a real, grown-up, full time job! I will be working for the Provo Early Intervention Program as a Developmental Specialist. I'll get to evaluate infants (between 0 and 3) to check for developmental delays, and then I'll work with the parents to help educate them on what to do to help their child develop. The catch of the job is that it is a bilingual position.... a detail that both terrifies and excites me. I've taken Spanish since 7th grade, and while I feel pretty confident in my test taking abilities and grammar knowledge, I'm a little more nervous when it comes to speaking. As they always say though, immersion is the best way to learn a language. Eek!
I don't know if this is how it is for you, but I am much more apt to read a book and read it quicker if it has short chapters. It makes me feel more accomplished if I say that I read 15 chapters rather than just 3. Now there is in the back of my mind the knowledge that those chapters were smaller, but somehow it still makes it easier. Where am I going and what does this have to do with anything? Well, I've resolved to make our entries a little shorter and not so novel-like so its easier to read. Bite-size pieces. It means I will be more likely to make them more often, and you will hopefully be more likely to read them. So I've got more to update you on, but I'll let it wait for another day. Happy New Year and Ta ta for now!
I read a couple books over Christmas too. I had forgotten what it was like to just sit and read for fun! Congratulations on your new job, it sounds so perfect for you! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteDont worry, your blogs aren't too long, it's always fun to hear how you're doing.
ReplyDelete