Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Goodbye Provo


the strong moving man
Hello again.  It’s us, the Hills.  You’ve probably all forgotten about us since we’ve basically disappeared off the face of the earth…. aka left our friends in Provo, moved to Spokane, and slacked big-time in the facebooking/blogging world.  But we’re still alive!  And since there is oh so much to catch you up on, this will be part one of… well… a to be determined number of posts.  

So at the end of July we packed up everything in our little apartment (and by “we” I really mean Joe and my mom… because I was mostly sleeping off the wisdom teeth extravaganza or working away at the 9-5…)  Then we loaded it all up in a truck and drove off to Washington! 

Rewind.  Side story.  It wasn’t exactly as easy as I just made that sound.  First of all, we had a lot more stuff than we did when we moved in.  Somehow getting married multiplies your stuff by like ten billion.    Second of all, the truck.  We had called around and found the cheapest, biggest truck we could find several weeks before moving day and had made reservations with a company that shall remain nameless.  Joe called said company the day before moving day and they said “oh, um… yeah see…. we know you made reservations 3 weeks ago and we told you that with that much advanced notice we would for sure have a truck for you but… we don’t have a truck for you.”  ?!?  Needless to say it’s a good thing Joe was the one talking to that lady because I probably would have said some mean things.  The whole point of making reservations early to to 1) secure a truck and 2) not pay twice as much like you would have to to reserve it the day before.  To make a long story short, after some panicking and a lot of calling around, we switched to another company that DID have a truck for us and the guy was really nice in cutting down the price for us so it wasn’t quite double.  Phew.  
our empty apartment!
So anyway, THEN we loaded it all up in a truck and drove off to Washington!  My mom and brother were in Utah for EFY, so they drove back with us.  I was a little sad to leave good ol’ Provo.  We loved our apartment and all our neighbors and especially our ward.  I knew where all the good places were to go out to eat or to go running or to hang out at the park.  But even though change is hard, it’s a part of life.  And we need it to grow.  So, off to new adventures!!!   
goodbye apartment 56!  we will miss you!

3 comments:

  1. We miss you guys already! We're getting ready to say our "Good Byes" to Provo too. Only we're not quite as prepared as you were! I think I'd take the truck fiasco over not having an apartment to move into. That's pretty much where we're at now! We have 6 days to find a place, pack and move! Odd thing is, I'm still not too worried about it. I'm sure it'll hit me eventually, when homelessness sets in. Luckily we have the option of moving into my grandparents basement apartment until we find a place, but we're still basically in limbo! Good luck with your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww we miss you guys too! but you would have left us anyway so i don't feel as bad about leaving you (: that's scary but I'm glad you have a solid plan B. keep us updated will you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back in good old Washington, huh. Good luck with everything, moving is hard, but still a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Background