- In high school he couldn't grow much facial hair.
- At 19, he went on a mission and kept clean-shaven for 2 years.
- After graduation Joe started working full-time as the "face of Now I Can"... (a clean-cut face, that is)
- Then Joe was called to be in the bishopric of our married student ward in Provo and felt like he should also stay clean-shaven for that.
So this month, being jobless, church calling-less (for now), and school-less (also for now) he decided it was high time to see what a little hair on his face might look like. With only a few whiney complaints from his slightly-curious-not-opposed-to-scruff-but-definitely-opposed-to-scratchy-kisses wife. And (drumroll please) here's the result:
He also cut a TON of his hair off, so for a while there I hardly recognized him. Well having only partly satisfied his curiosity, Joe went on to play my Dad's favorite game of shaving in segments.
First, the goatee with a chin strap (yes, this was a very educational experience for me as I learned all kinds of beard lingo I never knew before) Aka mug shot.
Then goatee minus the chin strap.
And of course, the fu manchu. Which explains the face Joe is making in this one. Apparently you have to be a tough guy to pull off a fu manchu.
And finally the creepster mustache. Although this picture makes me laugh everytime I see it, I am not a fan.
So there you have it. The many faces of Joe. It was a fun little experiment, but I'm just glad to have my clean-shaven hubby back. And since I'm significantly more likely to kiss him on the cheek, he's glad to be back too.
haha. . Brian and i got a kick out of this! now brian wants to do it... ugh! ;)
ReplyDeletehaha! I don't think I should tell Kyle or he will want to do it too!
ReplyDeleteTell Joe my favorite was definitely the fu manchu. Hilarious!
ReplyDelete