Tuesday, October 4, 2011

2 weeks down, 141 weeks to go

Our lazy summer vacation is officially over.  2 weeks ago Joe started physical therapy school (only 141 weeks to go.... haha).  So far he absolutely and positively LOVES it.  I can tell because he comes home super chatty every day, telling me all about what he learned that day.  Its great.  I am learning quite a bit myself about everything from goniometry and muscle innervations to how to handle a patient physically without making them uncomfortable or worse, getting yourself a lawsuit.  Anyway, he's loving it and so far hasn't even had too much homework.  He says its easy peasy.  I say, don't breathe easy quite yet.   

Awwww.  This is Joe's first ever school picture-
Kindergarten.  What a cutie.  Now 20 years later
he's just had ANOTHER first day of school.  He
even had to dress nice for school pictures.
The same week Joe started school, I started a new job!  After lots of phone calls and applications, a couple interviews, and a lot of praying, I accepted a job at Achieve Center Pediatric Therapy just north of downtown Spokane.  Its only part-time for now, but I'm slowly increasing my hours and should be full time in a few months.  The Achieve Center is a relatively small clinic, offering speech therapy for kids ages 0-21 (although the vast majority of the clients are age 2-10).  There are only about 3 full time and 3 part time SLPs or SLPAs.  I am currently in the process of applying for my license as an SLPA, or Speech Language Pathology Assistant.  Its a short commute, the kids are adorable, I don't have the added stress of speaking spanish, and I really like everyone I work with, so I'm pretty happy with it.  Oh, and they matched my salary at my last job, which is pretty sweet.

That's the latest on the Hills.  Joe is going to class and studying.... Darci is working, baking and crafting... (more on that to come!) and we're both pretty hooked on The Sing-Off and The Biggest Loser.  Maybe more so Darci than Joe.  Hope life is just as wonderful for all of you!

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I have been obsessed with watching the BYU group on the Sing Off. They are so good!

    ReplyDelete

Background