Saturday, October 29, 2011

communication breakdown

I feel like Joe and I are pretty good at the communication thing.  However, every now and then we experience a communication breakdown that leaves us laughing and taking a mental note for future lessons/talks/etc. on communication in marriage.  But that mental note must not be written in ink because a few weeks later we're saying, "what was that that was so funny... some mixup in what you said and i understood?  gosh darn it we forgot again..."  So I'm going to write this one down.  And any other funny ones in the future.  Sadly enough, blogging is more permanent than a "mental note."


Darci:  Sometimes I just really wish I didn't have wavy hair.  I hate it.
Joe:  Me too.

[awkward silence... Darci contemplating how to react to that]

Darci:  Wow, I didn't know you didn't like my hair that much.   
Joe:  OH no no no that's not what I meant.  I meant I feel the same way about MY wavy hair.  I love your hair.
Darci:  Phew...

hysterical laughter ensues... partly due to the previous conversation but probably mostly due to the late hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Background