So recently I've had a little bit of time on my hands. Joe's in school full swing. Luckily he is very good at doing most of his studying within the 8-5 block so he can hang out with me in the evenings. However, I'm still only working part time, so I have all this time to myself in the mornings. Its a little bit of a foreign concept to me... this T - I - M - E. It seems like I've never had enough of it, and now I have more than I need! I've discovered that I'm the type of person who needs to be busy or at least feel productive. So I've been keeping myself busy with new hobbies. Hobby? What? Yes, I know. Kind of a foreign word when you're a college student. But I'm no longer a college student! So I'm discovering a few new hobbies and rediscovering old hobbies. My first NEW hobby is sewing. I started off with a couple really easy sewing projects. Here's a sneak peek:
 |
| My trusty new sewing machine |
 |
| Project #1: I found this shirt at Target for cheap... |
 |
| And did a little "embellishing". I cut the sleeves off and used the extra fabric to make the ruffles on the front. Nice easy first project because it only required sewing a few straight lines ( : I found the idea here. |
 |
| Project #2: New pillow cases to cover pillows we already had. I only made the green one. |
 |
| No zipper or anything... just a simple slipcover. I learned how to sew buttons on with a sewing machine... easiest thing ever (and saves so much time)! |
|
| | | | |
|
 |
| Ta-da! |
I'm loving finding fun new projects online and learning new tricks. Now if only the sewing machine came with a lifetime supply of free fabric.... ( :
I didn't know you sewed! Awesome, but you're right, it's not always cheap.
ReplyDeleteCute!!
ReplyDelete