Hello again. I’ve been reading some pretty amazing blogs by some friends and some strangers who I wish were my friends… and it got me thinking about my own blog writing (and lack thereof).
Honesty. Raw thoughts. Emotion. Life analysis. More than mere updates. Good writing. That’s what all these blogs I love have that I feel mine is missing. Whether life is going wonderfully or horribly, there's just something about being honest and unloading all your feelings onto a page that makes you feel great. Plus it’s been years since I’ve put any actual effort into writing anything other than letters of intent for various jobs. And I miss that. (Not applying for jobs mind you… the writing!)
So the point is, I've resolved to write on the blog a little more than just life updates... and a little less than EVERYTHING going through my head. Okay, a lot less than that. But you get the idea. If any of my 5 followers out there get bored, then just skip my posts until the title signifies a major life change, such as "We're moving to Korea" or "I dyed my hair green and joined the circus".... neither of which we're planning on, by the way.
That being said…
I’ve been thinking lately about trees. These beauties:
Oh how I love them. Being lodged in a bit of a forest really makes me happy. And the plentiful lakes and hiking doesn’t hurt either. Just check out these shots from a hike we took in Coeur D’Alene for my hubby’s 26th birthday! (Yes, he’s officially old!)
| you can't really tell why i'm making this face so I'll tell you... I'm standing next to a huge cliff! |
However.
In the last few months it has occurred to me that trees come with rain. I never believed anyone who told me the Tri-Cities was a full-on desert until I moved somewhere trees can actually thrive. And boy, does it rain here! Rain, rain, and rain some more. We're currently on a flood watch for the river that runs along our road. Granted, reports are showing that this March, Spokane saw the most precipitation since record keeping began in 1881. So maybe my view is a bit skewed.
But my point is this. Do I choose beautiful trees, lush moss, and rainy days, or do I choose an ugly landscape, dry heat, and sunshine? It seems it’s one or the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment