Once upon a time I was a Dedicated Mariners fan. With a capital D. A day without watching a Mariners game was rare in the hot summer months, and I kept an official scorebook where I jotted every hit, every walk, every strikeout. When the players I knew and loved scattered and their record plunged, my dedication dwindled. But I still find myself quoting this old Edgar commercial with his Puerto Rican accent, whenever the opportunity presents itself. And the opportunity is certainly presenting itself for my post today.
It seems like these days I always "have a little project" on my hands. Something to keep my creativity flowing, my home improving, my hands moving. Some are a success. Some are more of a... learning experience.
These were some nightstands we picked up from my dad's hotel when they replaced all their furniture. Not half bad for the price of a fresh new coat of paint and some fun new knobs.
So what have I learned from getting two chairs, one kitchen table, and now two nightstands for free or cheap and giving them a facelift with paint? I love the way they look. I absolutely loathe sanding. Worth it?
Okay, just today I told Kolby, "I have a little project" with a Puerto Rican Accent (sort of)! He just grimaced. Cuz usually my "little projects" consist of something for them to do! Great post...and the nightstands look great!
ReplyDeleteThey look awesome!!
ReplyDelete